Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel To Have Sandybridge 3D In Mesa Done By Q4

Phoronix: Intel To Have Sandybridge 3D In Mesa Done By Q4

Intel's Ian Romanick has just written an e-mail message entitled What I'm working on to the Mesa development list. With Intel's new GLSL compiler being used by Mesa and can be found within the Mesa 7.9 release, Intel's open-source graphics developers have worked onto working on some other areas of their 3D driver stack...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the assembly-like IRs in Mesa (classic Mesa IR and TGSI) are completely useless
    Huh? This is the first I've heard that TGSI is useless. If not TGSI, then what? Can someone explain this in more detail?

Comment

Originally posted by waucka View Post
      Huh? This is the first I've heard that TGSI is useless. If not TGSI, then what? Can someone explain this in more detail?
      I'm not sure everyone would agree with "useless", but I have heard that they were thinking about replacing TGSI with the GLSL compiler's IR.

The current process is to have the compiler generate IR, then translate it into TGSI, then run that through Gallium, etc. The classic drivers have their own language, and neither of them really serve any purpose that the GLSL compiler IR wouldn't work for. So combining everything into a single IR seems smart in the long run.

Comment

What about support for GMA 4500MHD? It was supposed to arrive in Q3 2010:

Comment

Originally posted by m_gol View Post
          What about support for GMA 4500MHD? It was supposed to arrive in Q3 2010:
          http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...ch/006404.html
          Yes. I have a 4500MHD HTPC that could use better driver support.

Comment

Working...
          X