Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org 7.3 Preview

Phoronix: X.Org 7.3 Preview

Scheduled for release tomorrow is X.Org 7.3. Among the new features for X.Org 7.3 include the Xorg server 1.4, an application for adjusting a display's backlight, updated display drivers, and support for font catalog directories. Version 1.4 of the X.Org server contains such features as RandR 1.2 support, input hot-plugging, KDrive enhancements, Solaris DTrace support, and EXA improvements. In this article today, we will briefly go over some of the changes found in X.Org 7.3 and we will follow up with some benchmarks in early September.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully X.org 7.3 will make it so i can have my boot splash back and not have to boot linux in VGA=normal mode to get my 8xxx series card to work.

Comment

input transformations?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: X.Org 7.3 Preview

Scheduled for release tomorrow is X.Org 7.3. Among the new features for X.Org 7.3 include the Xorg server 1.4, an application for adjusting a display's backlight, updated display drivers, and support for font catalog directories. Version 1.4 of the X.Org server contains such features as RandR 1.2 support, input hot-plugging, KDrive enhancements, Solaris DTrace support, and EXA improvements. In this article today, we will briefly go over some of the changes found in X.Org 7.3 and we will follow up with some benchmarks in early September.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=10935

how about 'input transformations'? Does anyone know if this has landed in yet? I've seen several posts in the xorg mailing list, but nothing conclusive.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, search 'input transformations' in this page: http://www.x.org/wiki/XDC2007Notes

Comment

Hopefully X.org 7.3 will make it so i can have my boot splash back and not have to boot linux in VGA=normal mode to get my 8xxx series card to work
        that's not possible. bootsplash does not need xorg to work.

Comment

The "usual" NVIDIA driver error with "green" error screen does not appear when you disable TV out:

Option "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "TV"

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
            that's not possible. bootsplash does not need xorg to work.
            not having my boot splash is a side effect from running in VGA=Normal mode. I run in normal mode because my computer crashes when i switch from desktop to console then back to desktop (Ctrl+Alt+F1 then Ctrl+Alt+F7). I hope that running the new X.org will fix this so it no longer crashes. Hence giving back my boot screen because I no longer have to run in VGA=Normal mode for things to work properly.
            Last edited by Throwing Strikes; 29 August 2007, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X