Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solaris Express Community Build 72

Phoronix: Solaris Express Community Build 72

For those of you wanting to try out the latest and greatest in OpenSolaris software right now prior to the release of "Project Indiana", build 72 of Solaris Express Community Edition is now available. Solaris Express Community Edition (SXCE) Build 72 can be downloaded from OpenSolaris.org.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I installed it on DELL D810 laptop with 1920x1200 screen resolution. The resolution was discovered and set automatically. Wireless was OK too, after I answered WEP key question for my home network.

One problem I have so far is that iwi0 (wireless) dhcp updates /etc/resolv.conf but when I connect at work through the cable (bge0 driver, I think) I do not get new DNS servers in resolv.conf.

The other missing feature is access to NTFS on Windows partition. Ntfs-3g works quite well under Linux for write/read. Well, except of speed...

I had a dual boot with Fedora 7 and Windows. Fedora seemed to be faster then Windows minimum as Subversion updates go, but Solaris looks faster then Fedora.

Comment

Working...
    X