Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinagre, An Excellent GNOME VNC Client

Phoronix: Vinagre, An Excellent GNOME VNC Client

A few days ago one of the Vino developers, Jonh Wendell, released a new public build of Vinagre. Vinagre is designed to be a VNC client for the GNOME desktop and while it is still under development, in our testing thus far we found it to be an excellent VNC client. In this article, we'll be offering a brief preview of Vinagre 0.3.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Tabbed VNC sessions is worth trying this application out by itself... nice find. If it continues on it's path to get more integrated with the gnome desktop then this will be the standard VNC client for large portion of the community very soon. I'll give it a try next week at work and see how it handles some heavy usage.

Comment

Either I must be a complete idiot, or there is no way to get out of fullscreen mode in this application. Has anyone installed this application and used the fullscreen feature here? If so, what is the command to get out of fullscreen? I've killed the app, dpkg-reconfigured, uninstalled, purged, reinstalled, and it still comes up in fullscreen mode.

The only thing I've been able to do while in fullscreen mode is: 1)interact with my VNC session, 2)use F9 to pull up the Favorites list.
      Last edited by joshuapurcell; 24 October 2007, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I opened a bug about this:

Comment

Working...
        X