Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPlayer 1.0 Release Candidate 2

Phoronix: MPlayer 1.0 Release Candidate 2

About a year after the availability of the first release candidate for MPlayer 1.0, the second RC is finally out. Mplayer 1.0-rc2 includes new FFmpeg work, support for Real RTSP authentication, libnemesi streaming library, and other improvements.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

mmmmm... multi-threaded H264 support

Comment

wasn't multithreaded h264 already in? i remember some mplayer dev correcting one's similar mistake on the mailing list recently.

Comment

I uniinstalled MPlayer rc1, installed the new one with this configuration: --enable-gui --enable-largefiles --enable-libdca, after running i'm having a lot of segfaults, i can't do anything along watching video, since after doing a minimize, switch or anything else (I mean defocusing the video window), player crashes, should i report a backtrace to mplayer hq, or there is something I'm wrong with?

My sytem conf: core2 duo, 1Gb ram, ATI X1400 + AIGLX / XGL (both) xorg V7.2

Comment

why don't you try a package install (with rpm or another thing

Comment

I think the problem was with fglrx, I installed Fedora 8, with new 7.11 catalyst, I had no problems, but poor video quality, After sometime, I was dissapointed by fglrx, and switched to opensource version, RadeonHD, which is now doing it's work without any problems.

Packages seem to be a good thing, but, I prefer to set up MPlayer manually(Just MPlayer)

Thanks for your advise

Comment

Working...
            X