Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-BSD/FreeBSD 9.0 For Intel Sandy Bridge

Phoronix: PC-BSD/FreeBSD 9.0 For Intel Sandy Bridge

In the half-year since the launch of Intel's Sandy Bridge processors, these very fast processors with rather good integrated graphics (using an open-source driver) have been benchmarked every which way under Linux on Phoronix. Phoronix benchmarks have shown broken kernels, AVX compiler performance, and even comparison results to Windows and Mac OS X, among other original Intel SNB articles. What hasn't been tested up to this point though is the BSD operating system support for Intel Sandy Bridge hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I know this is not directly related to the article. But, the article got me thinking about BSD and gaming.

Does anyone know if all or if most all commercial Linux games run on the BSD's, if any? I am thinking of games like Doom 3, Savage: Te battle for newerth and Tribal Trouble.

I, never having used a BSD before am intrigued by what would be compatible between the two OS's, Linux and BSD.

Comment

Originally posted by MNKyDeth View Post
      I know this is not directly related to the article. But, the article got me thinking about BSD and gaming.

Does anyone know if all or if most all commercial Linux games run on the BSD's, if any? I am thinking of games like Doom 3, Savage: Te battle for newerth and Tribal Trouble.

I, never having used a BSD before am intrigued by what would be compatible between the two OS's, Linux and BSD.
      FreeBSD has Linux emulation and Quake 3 for Linux works in it, so there's a good chance these other games do too.

Comment

PC-BSD/FreeBSD 9.0 For Intel Sandy Bridge

Comment

The topic from bsd gaming is relevant to my interests.

Comment

Working...
          X