Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.11 Has Officially Been Released

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.11 Has Officially Been Released

X.Org Server 1.11 was officially released this Friday evening...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

" AMD Catalyst blob will quickly (support xserv 1.11) "
    Michael,
    how can you be so sure?

Comment

Completely random thought: I wonder if we will ever see an X12 :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vi0L0 View Post
        " AMD Catalyst blob will quickly (support xserv 1.11) "
        Michael,
        how can you be so sure?
        The same way he knew that Steam for Linux "should be available by the end of summer [2010].": Imagination!

I'd love to see it sooner than later, but past experience says it will be a couple of months.

Comment

X.Org Server 1.11 does break the ABI for graphics drivers, but the latest NVIDIA binary driver already supports it and the AMD Catalyst blob will quickly (if it doesn't already, I haven't checked on my latest development copies).
          I would like to know, from where Michael is getting such informations. In fact, the nvidia binary blob does not support xserver 1.11.

Comment

You can get beta Catalyst drivers if you are special friends with AMD.
            Regarding the proprietary NVidia driver on 1.11, it is possible but some users in the Slashdot thread report problems.

Comment

Working...
            X