Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wine 1.4 Release Criteria

Phoronix: The Wine 1.4 Release Criteria

Last week Wine 1.3.31 was released. If you have been wondering when the next stable release, Wine 1.4, will arrive now that many development releases have occurred in the 1.3 series and it's been more than a year since the last major release (Wine 1.2), here's some information...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

You forget the DIB engine which is in good shape but not finished.
    It will fixed a lot of graphical bugs.

Comment

I was wondering about one input related behaviour thing that I always liked as a feature.
      For example in warcraft 3: Unlike in windows I could have had warcraft 3 running in a virtual desktop and then just alt-tab another window above it. Warcraft would catch the mouse pointer when it was focussed and would release it when another window was focussed.
      Unfortunately this feature hasn't been there for some versions: The mouse pointer keeps being stuck in warcraft 3 which is running on a wine virtual desktop even if another window has the focus. And by stuck I don't mean, that it not only cannot leave the are, it also can not interact with any other window.
      So as a workaround I need to minimize the window to do anything with any other window which is kind of annoying.

And so I was wondering: Is it supposed to work that way? Or is this going to get corrected in future versions?

Comment

Originally posted by dufoli View Post
        You forget the DIB engine which is in good shape but not finished.
        It will fixed a lot of graphical bugs.
        Not to mention it will make graphics run much quicker.

Comment

Working...
        X