Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLX_ARB_create_context, X.Org 1.12 Closing, Mesa 8.0 To Be Cut

Phoronix: GLX_ARB_create_context, X.Org 1.12 Closing, Mesa 8.0 To Be Cut

Ian Romanick has published his patch-set for the necessary X.Org Server changes to support the GLX_ARB_create_context for OpenGL 3.0. Keith Packard has also announced the X.Org Server 1.12 merge window will close on Christmas...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So while OpenGL 3.0 isn't quite there yet, it looks like the next Mesa release will in fact be OpenGL 8.0 and not OpenGL 7.12.
    meeeesaaaa (10 characters)

Comment

Sounds good... I'm looking forward to OpenGL 3.0 (and higher) being complete, stable, and eventually optimized for performance. Once 3.0 is done, hopefully the next few versions should be easier to bang out.

Comment

I'm curious what the r600g status is (and nvidia as well)

Do they plan to have OpenGL 3 support ready for this release, or is it likely to slip until 8.1 while they are finishing gallium support and bugs?

Comment

Reading the GLX spec, it says these calls aren't needed until 3.2 as 3.1 and 3.0 are still backwards compatible, and so can be created using the old calls.

Does this mean Mesa deviates, and doesn't allow 3.0 via the old calls? Or is it just pre-emptive work for the next U LTS and folk?

Comment

I'm so happy reading this! You guys have done an amazing work this fall, and I'm extremely glad you chose to focus on the OpenGL3 spec!

Comment

Working...
            X