Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MythTV 0.25 Is Still Being Baked With Many Changes

Phoronix: MythTV 0.25 Is Still Being Baked With Many Changes

It's been quite a while since last talking about MythTV, since this popular open-source project for Home Theater PCs last had a major release more than one year ago. However, a lot is being baked for v0.25 -- the next major release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    - Improved meta-data look-up for videos and recordings.
    Hopefully this will make it easier to identify remakes (e.g. Italian Job) and shows/movies with identical titles. I've been going through my collection recently and cleaning up the metadata, but there's been quite a few videos that I've had to guess which search result was right, only to have to reset all of the metadata and then refetch another result.

The VA-API support is also welcome. I don't use Nvidia chips when I can avoid it, and I've been using the built-in GPU in my 780G motherboard with the radeon driver. I've got a fast-enough CPU to handle decoding work, but GPU-assist would be welcome, especially as I'm about to rebuilt this box and might attempt the fglrx driver (audio output over hdmi instead of a separate optical cable is appealing).

Comment

Huh, I thought r700 did hdmi audio?

Comment

No support for XVBA?

Comment

In theory you could use the xmbc xvba branch which is basically already a branch of xbmc pvr which has got a client for mythtv, but did not test it myself. I do not use mythtv.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Huh, I thought r700 did hdmi audio?

http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature
            Turns out that HDMI Audio is disabled by default in kernels > 3.0 or 3.1 (or something like that). The machine under consideration has also been upgraded to a Llano CPU, which might not support HDMI audio yet... but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
            X