Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open-Source Radeon HD 7000 Code Coming Soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source Radeon HD 7000 Code Coming Soon?

Phoronix: Open-Source Radeon HD 7000 Code Coming Soon?

Where oh where is the open-source support for the "Southern Islands" GPUs, a.k.a. the AMD Radeon HD 7000 series? It's been over two months since the first hardware launched and there still is no open-source Linux driver support available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

@Michael: could you please use gmane.org's video.dri.devel mailing list archive (here) for posting links instead of freedesktop.org's one ? fd.o is horribly broken once you click on the threads view ... and quickly checking if there are any replies to certain patches can be quite interesting.

Link to airlied's message

Thanks and regards,
    mazumoto

[EDIT] For example this reply is rather quite interesting :-)
    Last edited by mazumoto; 24 February 2012, 05:41 AM.

Comment

It better come soon; I just ordered my HD7970. :P

I can play many Linux-native games and several wine games extremely well with r600g and an Evergreen part, but I upgrade my GPU about every two years. I bought my Evergreen in November 2009, so it's getting to be about that time.

I have room in my case and a beast PSU, so I'm probably going to end up sticking the HD7970 in side by side with the Evergreen GPU. I can use Evergreen to get actual work done and to actually get useful 3d; I can then swap which card my monitors are plugged into in order to test out any "r1000" (?) gallium3d driver pushes.

Comment

Working...
      X