Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Tegra 3 Makes For Fast Ubuntu On ARM

Phoronix: NVIDIA Tegra 3 Makes For Fast Ubuntu On ARM

Here are the first set of Phoronix.com benchmarks of the quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3. Needless to say, four Cortex-A9s combined with NVIDIA graphics leads to a fairly fast ARMv7 experience when running Ubuntu Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix & Android phones

Michael, could you please tell your ad-company to get rid of the "igirls"-ad. I can no longer use your site with my android tablet. Every second or third visit this "igirl"-ad pops up in fullscreen and wants me to subscribe to their service for 3.99?/week. The ad itself does not provide any way to close the popup and it seems to be some kind of CSS overlay, so I can't just click the back-button.

This ad actually prevents users from visiting your site, as it covers the full screen.

Comment

AFAIK the 5th core is invisible to the OS and only kicks in when the other cores are sleeping.

Comment

Great to see benches of the of the nvidia offering. Sad situation on nvidia drivers, is there any chance of seeing gains from benching on 12.04?

Comment

Upgrade this to 12.04 and I think it will be competitive with real laptops in terms of performance.

Is the Ubuntu that Nvidia use provided anywhere? With their customisations. I'd love to flash it on to a Transformer Prime. Maybe update it to 12.04.

Comment

Originally posted by Del_ View Post
            Great to see benches of the of the nvidia offering. Sad situation on nvidia drivers, is there any chance of seeing gains from benching on 12.04?
            Seeing as they're running a custom Linux 3.1 kernel already, and that their stock file-system is very small, the only possible gains I could envision out of 12.04 packages would be the updated compiler... but I'll be looking at that soon.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

So, can I actually buy a tablet and install Ubuntu on it without voodoo and other related hackery?
              To me it all still seems at the experimental stage, but I'm really looking forward to having as full OS on a tablet.

Comment

There are any nvidia tegra board that can I buy?

tks
                joao

Comment

@jmartins
                  Acer Iconia Tab A510 has been listed at some e-tailers but no stock yet.
                  Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime is already on sale in several markets.

Comment

Ok but Acer and Asus is a final product.

I'm looking for a tegra 3 motherboard like Panda and Beagleboard.

tks
                    Joao

Comment

Working...
                    X