Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To No Surprise, X.Org Server Progress Is Slowing

Phoronix: To No Surprise, X.Org Server Progress Is Slowing

Last week I shared some statistics that showed the rate of Mesa / Gallium3D development is slowing down this year compared to year's prior. Today here's a set of stats looking at the X.Org Server development. This should come as less of a surprise, but the xorg-server development has also seen a large reduction in commits and overall activity...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Superhero

Wow, Peter Hutterer is a superhero!

Comment

don't feed the larbel troll

Comment

What is Weston?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
          What is Weston?
          Weston is the reference compositor for wayland. It's the part the decides which pixels should be painted to the screen and where.

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
            don't feed the larbel troll
            I think Michael was bored when he wrote this article and don't think he's trolling

Comment

I applaud the X.org developers for having a mental/heart shift and giving it their all to creating the next OSX/Windows killer platform and setting the desktop world free, just like Linus did nearly 15 years ago or thereabouts when he set the server-side world free by giving it the OS that survives -50 celsius where none other than penguins can bear those kinds of temperatures .

I see a future where Linux is the defacto god of all operating systems, with Wayland being the defacto display server, along w/Qt, GTK, et al, running atop.

The future of Linux has never been as bright as it is today thanks to the selfless souls of numerous geeks around the planet.

thank you!

Comment

You are trying to rate development process for big project, but you can not even do a good chart.

Comment

Working...
                X