Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa's DRM Library Finally Builds VMWGFX By Default

Phoronix: Mesa's DRM LIbrary Finally Builds VMWGFX By Default

While VMware's VMWGFX graphics driver has been deemed stable for months, only now with the Mesa DRM library is the driver support being built by default...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

VirtualBox

I wish VirtualBox had support for hardware-accelerated 3D graphics.

With the VMWGFX virtual graphics device driver being open source, and allegedly of high quality. Can it be used for KVM/QEMU, Xen, VirtualBox?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      With the VMWGFX virtual graphics device driver being open source, and allegedly of high quality. Can it be used for KVM/QEMU, Xen, VirtualBox?
      Host support would have to be written. I do not believe the host portion of the stack is OSS.

Michael,

I noticed Fusion 5 was just released, but have not found a compelling reason to upgrade. For 49.99, I can either have "40% faster Graphics" or a bag of OG Purple Kush. If you upgrade, can you please write a quick comparison (between ver 4 and 5, and not between the OG and ver 5) so we know what we're missing?

F

Comment

Pretty sure the kush will win every benchmark

Comment

Working...
        X