Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cairo-Dock 3.2 Improves Multi-Screen Support

Phoronix: Cairo-Dock 3.2 Improves Multi-Screen Support

Cairo-Dock 3.2 has been released and it improves multi-screen support for the animated application launch bar/dock. There's also a new applet and plug-in...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Cairo-Dock 3.2 Improves Multi-Screen Support

Cairo-Dock 3.2 has been released and it improves multi-screen support for the animated application launch bar/dock. There's also a new applet and plug-in...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTMzNTQ

glad it's making progress

been a long time since I installed it for the last time (2 years ago in fact)

will give it a try again as a replacement for XFCE's dock / panel

Comment

Very nice. Been using the much older version 2.4 from rpmfusion. Glad to see they have their own Fedora repo now. To install, just do:

Code:
      sudo rpm -i http://download.tuxfamily.org/glxdock/repository/fedora/fedora-18/noarch/repo-cairo-dock-1.0-1.fc18.noarch.rpm 
      sudo yum install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plugins
      It's in my opinion the best looking dock for Linux. The configurability is almost too extensive, that's saying something from a KDE user who likes more options. You need to spend a couple hours exploring the options to make it do exactly what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermit View Post
        It's in my opinion the best looking dock for Linux. The configurability is almost too extensive, that's saying something from a KDE user who likes more options. You need to spend a couple hours exploring the options to make it do exactly what you want.
        Well you can go with the default theme, or just select one of the may ready-to-use themes available, and be using it within 30 seconds.

Or you can go through the advanced configuration and make it the way you want (which other shells don't let you do, except KDE). So both types of users are happy :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fabounet View Post
          Well you can go with the default theme, or just select one of the may ready-to-use themes available, and be using it within 30 seconds.

Or you can go through the advanced configuration and make it the way you want (which other shells don't let you do, except KDE). So both types of users are happy :-)
          Yes it definitely comes with some quite nice themes. Thank you for the really nice work.

Comment

Working...
          X