Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve's Dota 2 Is Coming Soon To Linux

Phoronix: Valve's Dota 2 Is Coming Soon To Linux

Valve's Dota 2 game will soon be released for Linux gamers. Dota 2 is the sequel to Defense of the Ancients and under Windows has proven to be a highly popular title, which is now being tested on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The only major omission in my list. DotA in Linux is a game dream come true.

Comment

Tracker for issues specific to Linux and Mac in the Reborn client. If you have a general issue or non-system-specific feature request please go to dev.dota2.com - ValveSoftware/Dota-2

Comment

Great! Now they need to bring CS:GO to Linux to make it even more relevant in the gaming community :-)
        The more share Linux has on Steam, more games get ported!

Comment

Since DotA 2 is probably the only game I play (outside of WoW, SC2, and Left 4 Dead 2 with friends), you'll see a lot more activity from me on Native Steam for Linux

Comment

HoN

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Valve's Dota 2 Is Coming Soon To Linux

Valve's Dota 2 game will soon be released for Linux gamers. Dota 2 is the sequel to Defense of the Ancients and under Windows has proven to be a highly popular title, which is now being tested on Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQwNzQ

Meanwhile, i strongly suggest you to try HoN from S2.

Its Successor to Dota, looks better than DoTa(i didnt play but friends told me so), its stable as rock, and Linux gamers enjoyed it for years.
            It's absolutely free to play.
            Most importantly, it's HERE and NOW!

I shi* you not.

Comment

Good thing, my friends are long telling me to try Dota. As I already have the game in steam, I will definitely try when it comes to Linux. Anyway I was more hoping for CS:GO. I still don't bought it because it doesn't support linux yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                Meanwhile, i strongly suggest you to try HoN from S2.
                HONs fault was that they not free2play right from the start. Most fans from this games are now playing LoL or DOTA.

Comment

It is interesting that Linux market share according to StatCounter is growing by +0,1% every month since Steam official launch.

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed for Alien Swarm...

Comment

Working...
                    X