Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Gets 13 Commits For NV50

Phoronix: Nouveau Gets 13 Commits For NV50

Yesterday the RadeonHD driver had 55 commits, which consisted of major code restructuring and laying down the groundwork for TV-Out support and most notably the open-source support for the Radeon HD 3400 / 3600 series (Radeon HD 3650 Linux review). Today the Nouveau developers are in the spotlight with their own arsenal of new open-source NVIDIA activity. Maarten Maathuis had committed 13 changes to xf86-video-nouveau, all of which impact the NVIDIA NV50 GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if these two problems are fixed in the G80 support:
    - the driver crashes when stopping the X server (video output dies until reboot)
    - tendency towards locking up after being used for a while

Comment

woo!
      I can't wait for the day I can use my g84 gpu with open drivers and decent 2d support. Nvidia don't seem to care about the basic 2d component anymore as a result basic desktop operations are horrendously slow. Hopefully 2d drivers will be here sooner than later

Comment

Working...
      X