Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment E18 Updated Against Wayland Changes

Phoronix: Enlightenment E18 Updated Against Wayland Changes

Enlightenment E18 has been revised with its Wayland client application support so it's in compatibility with the latest Wayland Git changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Distribution

Does any distribution ship Enlightenment as its default user interface?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Does any distribution ship Enlightenment as its default user interface?

Bodhi, a lightweight Linux distro featuring: Fast, fully customisable Moksha Desktop; 64-bit & 32-bit Non-PAE support; Built on top of Ubuntu

Comment

ofcourse not E18 but E17.4 i think currently... E18 is not yet stable but can be pulled from git or installed from AUR in arch for instance.
        And works really nice in either version.

Comment

Probably not the best place to say this, but Phoronix is getting really annoying with those links to other articles on phoronix. It feels... dunno, as if you get a boner from your own articles. It almost makes me feel trapped in this place. Or maybe I should stop reading every article, since you reference every related article anyway.

But other than that, thanks for keeping us updated.

Comment

Originally posted by remenic View Post
            Probably not the best place to say this, but Phoronix is getting really annoying with those links to other articles on phoronix. It feels... dunno, as if you get a boner from your own articles. It almost makes me feel trapped in this place. Or maybe I should stop reading every article, since you reference every related article anyway.

But other than that, thanks for keeping us updated.
            Oh but he doesn't link only to his own articles, he also now links to another site he runs and owns and ad gets money from, that anzwix.com crap. It's basically a RSS reader for git repositories. In fact I'd bet that is exactly what it is, just a PHP script pulling down git repo's via RSS or similar and serving ads for information that could be gotten for free using any of the other popular rss readers. Sure he does a little filtering to decide what commits to post as news but sites like http://newsblur.com have filtering capabilities as well.

If he actually cared about something other than his precious ad money he'd actually do research on his articles and do git-bisects when he finds regressions in the graphics drivers rather than just posting some numbers and pretty graphs and calling it a day. I mean seriously this article is literally a long winded summery of a git commit that did next to nothing and anyone who cares should just subscribe to the EFL git rss feed. The link to sentence ratio is nearly one*, articles like these are just Michael grubbing page views to garner more ad money. Sure you need money to run the site but there is a difference between making enough to improve the linux community and diluting your own brand just to earn a buck. He's worse than even the most extreme print tabloid, though at least when he is making full articles about a simple few line git commit there are facts behind it rather than the halfassed rumor bullshit he usually posts

* 5 sentences and 4 links to other phoronix articles or sites, filled with ads.
            Last edited by Jonimus; 11 September 2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by remenic View Post
              It is SEO spam.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                It is SEO spam.
                Even stupid SE are smart enough not to get fooled by self links.

He's trying to trick people into more page views of his site, which leads to more ads being loaded.

Comment

Phoronix's value is in how much it covers, which would not be possible if Michael decided to spend that extra time on each subject. You can probably find better articles on about 90% of the stuff written here, and you are most certainly welcome to go scour the net looking for those articles. Personally, I don't have time to do that. Phoronix is exactly what I need.

Or another way to put it is, if Phoronix is such garbage, then why are you posting here?

Comment

I agree with the above that it is convenient to have Michael filtering out the boring stuff and mainly posting the big hitter stuff. But I do wish that he'd make it obvious which links go back to Phoronix articles and which ones go out to the 3rd party stuff. Sometimes I WANT to read michael's past articles on the topic because it helps jog my memories on why it was news worthy. Other times I want to skip Michael's summary and read the source-- typically blog posts from Seigo, or Dvdhrm, or Graesslin.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X