Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir Bumped To Version 0.0.15 & Mir Server 7

Phoronix: Mir Bumped To Version 0.0.15 & Mir Server 7

With the 1100th revision to Mir's Bazaar repository, Mir graduated to version 0.0.15 and the Mir Server Library (libmirserver) had an ABI bump to version 7...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Boooooo

Wayland is better.

Comment

Given the head start Wayland had, I would fully expect it to be "better" in the literal sense given the project maturity.

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
        Wayland is better.
        I'm trying to figure out why so many 'senior members' act like immature kids. What, did canonical kill your family or something?

If you don't like it, you could at least say something a little more grown up, like, "Even though Wayland arguably better, it's good to see progress on mir." If you'd rather have then be working on wayland than mir, then you completely missed the reason why they decided to go with mir.

Comment

I think I'll reserve judgement until I hear what LinuxGamer thinks.

Comment

Best I can figure is Canonical kicked some folks' puppy when they decided to roll their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
              Wayland is better.
              1000X better

Originally posted by akincer View Post
              Given the head start Wayland had, I would fully expect it to be "better" in the literal sense given the project maturity.
              and given all of the Code Used from Wayland development that Mir is using i say there was no head start at all and you will not find maturity in Mir or any thing from Crapnonical

hmm
              (Crapnonical Leading the Way to Linux's failure to take the desktop market share)
              damn thats a nice slogan

Comment

I don't think either side is looking too rosy in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                  I'm trying to figure out why so many 'senior members' act like immature kids. What, did canonical kill your family or something?

If you don't like it, you could at least say something a little more grown up, like, "Even though Wayland arguably better, it's good to see progress on mir." If you'd rather have then be working on wayland than mir, then you completely missed the reason why they decided to go with mir.
                  There is 99.999999999999% no reason for Mir it was developed for Legal only CLA + Mir = Winning Legal battles and a bigger walled garden

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                    If you'd rather have then be working on wayland than mir, then you completely missed the reason why they decided to go with mir.
                    Oh? I guess I completely missed the reason why they decided to go with Mir. What was that reason, again?

Comment

Working...
                    X