Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitivi 0.92 GES Video Editor Brings Many Fixes

Phoronix: Pitivi 0.92 GES Video Editor Brings Many Fixes

Pitivi was recently ported to GTK3 and the GStreamer Editing Services, which was delivered to users with Pitivi 0.91. Pitivi 0.92 is now available as the latest 1.0 pre-release and it brings many corrections for users of this open-source video editing software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Interesting times for video editing on Linux. Pitivi is getting better and Openshot 2.0 is going to be released next month.

Comment

i wonder how good is Pitivi now compared to Kdenlive and openshot

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
        I don't think it has anywhere close to the features those have but it does a really solid base, and it should catch-up pretty quickly with some actual community interest and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
          I don't think Pitivi will ever match kdenlive in features, but in not sure it's intended to. that said, it has one of the simplest yet deceptively powerful interfaces I've ever used on a video editor. OpenShot is ahead in some features, but I much prefer working with Pitivi for simple video creation. it was super unstable before with some input formats, but it sounds like GES will solve that problem. Pitivi is playing the long game, and It seems to be paying off finally.

Comment

Working...
          X