Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Releases Revised R500 Document

Phoronix: AMD Releases Revised R500 Document

In late February AMD had released the much anticipated R500 3D programming guide followed my two minor revisions to it over the past month. Today AMD has released another revision to the R300 3D programming guide, which now includes expanded coverage of the Command Processor (CP) found on the R500 graphics processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

another revision to the R300 3D programming guide
    Little typo, it seems. Shouldn't it be R500?

Comment

I think so. We may have to update the R300 register spec as well, unless the CP registers are identical to the ones on R5xx (we will check), but so far we have only updated the R5xx document.
      Last edited by bridgman; 01 April 2008, 09:45 PM.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        I think so. We may have to update the R300 register spec as well, unless the CP registers are identical to the ones on R5xx (we will check), but so far we have only updated the R5xx document.
        continue like this AMD. You can't imagine how important it is for the community what you are doing. I was about to buy an nvidia, but with this change I will just go for your video cards. I will buy an ati 3870 in a few months, I hope for that time the drivers hd and atixf86 will be able to let me have 3d without touching anything. that day, will be a memorable day!

Comment

Still waiting for a full featured OSS driver. Even R300/R400 does not render everthing which could do fglrx 8.39.4/8.40.4. The newer fglrx drivers have got render problems too...

Comment

Originally posted by Huenengrab View Post
            Little typo, it seems. Shouldn't it be R500?
            Fixed, thanks.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Still waiting for a full featured OSS driver. Even R300/R400 does not render everthing which could do fglrx 8.39.4/8.40.4. The newer fglrx drivers have got render problems too...
              I know what you mean. I'm waiting patiently now- they've released what looks like the full monty here. We just need to get a first cut done with the old stuff and then get Gallium3D stuff done next. I'm eagerly waiting to see what comes of those drivers instead of the old way of doing things.

Comment

when PowerPlay ( mobility 5xx) is added to radeon driver,it will be my first choice

Comment

Working...
                X