Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI HyperZ Support Patches Made Available

Phoronix: RadeonSI HyperZ Support Patches Made Available

As shown in our recent open-source GPU driver comparison, the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver still has a long ways to mature to be more competitive against the R600g driver and the Catalyst binary driver. Fortunately, one of the major 3D performance-boosting features (HyperZ) appeared on Tuesday in mailing list patch form...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

@Michael

Missing info from article:

"Stay tuned as new RadeonSI benchmarks with those patches enabled will be conducted shortly!"

Comment

r600g

I don't remember the state of HyperZ in r600g, any news?

Comment

And something new about Firefox Hardware acceleration with FOSS-Drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
          Works, enabled by default.

Pretty much everything that the hardware does is supported. All that's left is the missing extensions and optimisation.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            Works, enabled by default.

Pretty much everything that the hardware does is supported. All that's left is the missing extensions and optimisation.
            There are still bugs: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=64471

Comment

Happy users of radeonsi,
              pay attention to this:
              http://lists.freedesktop.org/archive...er/049382.html
              and Marek final sentence:
              This improves Valve's Team Fortress 2 performance by 75%.

Before: 20 fps
              After: 35 fps

BTW the improvement only applies to the radeonsi driver.

Marek
              As soon as it appears on mesa git we will see our radeonsi shine!!!

Comment

Looks like sooner or later there will be no need for Catalyst, awesome

Comment

Looks like I can buy an AMD card January or February of next year. I currently have a Nvidia GTX 570.

Comment

Re: r600g

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
                    It's partially done. Fast stencil clear and hierarchical stencil buffering are missing. It's also disabled in the cases where it is known to cause lockups for unknown reasons. r600g also uses linear HTILE instead of tiled HTILE and disables preloading, so there's a lot of room for improvements. I'd say it's 40% done for r600g.

Comment

Working...
                    X