Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon R300 Gallium3D Benchmarks On Mesa 10.1 Git

Phoronix: Radeon R300 Gallium3D Benchmarks On Mesa 10.1 Git

While the ATI Radeon X1000 (R500) series graphics processors are about eight years old, there's still requests from time-to-time to run new benchmarks to show how the open-source Gallium3D driver is working for the ancient graphics hardware powered by the R300g code-base. For those into old ATI R500 GPUs, here's some benchmarks of the latest code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

As vintage as the hardware is, it's very capable even for light gaming. Thanks to the Xbox 360 and PS3, the past 7-8 years games are based on DX9 level of graphics.

Comment

Heh, I wonder how my Radeon 9800's performance has changed over the past few years. Now, which old fossil did I leave it in...

Comment

Maybe comparing llvm-3.3 against llvm-3.4 will produce more interesting results here.

Comment

The Radeon X1000 GPUs don't use LLVM.

Comment

I think some IGPs (e.g. RS480/Radeon X1100, or RS740/Radeon 2100) do use LLVM for TCL.

Comment

That's correct, but they are based on R300 or R400. The chip tested in the article is a genuine R500.

Comment

Working...
              X