Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity To Have Anti-Aliased Corners, Full GTK3 Theming

Phoronix: Unity To Have Anti-Aliased Corners, Full GTK3 Theming

Unity 7 in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS will be picking up some new features even though Canonical's major focus is on Unity 8 that will come past this next Long-Term Support release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Antialiased corners

Antialiased corners, finally!
    This should have been done years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Excatly my thinking
      Also excited about the faster resize

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        They've been promising this since like 11.10 lol. It always gets silently backed out and never heard from again until the next release comes around where they say this time it will have ant-aliased corners for real

Comment

I think 14.04 LTS with Unity 7 would be the best Ubuntu release ever. Unity is now on fantastic shape.

Comment

Wow

Real... WOW!

Sorry, can't hold the sarcasm here...

Comment

Also Buffer Age support and other performance optimizations.

Comment

This is long overdue, I'm glad they're finally committing to actually implement it. Unity has come a long way since the original release; it's stable, quick, beautiful & has decent tweaking options finallly. Looking forward to 14.04 LTS, it's shaping up to be the best release yet.

Comment

On one hand, yay for polishing the small details and performance. But otherwise, using the excuse of "a consistent user interface" for incorporating really silly limitations highly disappointing to me.
                  I feel the same way about unmoveable window controls as I do about the unmoveable launcher: It's sort of dumb to remove simple customization essentially "just because", but at least the default setup works well enough to where most people wouldn't even want to change it. I certainly wouldn't, but for the small fraction that do, I can't see how limiting them (and letting them assume all responsibility for issues) is going to hurt any consistent vision they are aiming for in Unity. My experience is still fine, regardless of what anyone else changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bathroom Humor View Post
                    On one hand, yay for polishing the small details and performance. But otherwise, using the excuse of "a consistent user interface" for incorporating really silly limitations highly disappointing to me.
                    I feel the same way about unmoveable window controls as I do about the unmoveable launcher: It's sort of dumb to remove simple customization essentially "just because", but at least the default setup works well enough to where most people wouldn't even want to change it. I certainly wouldn't, but for the small fraction that do, I can't see how limiting them (and letting them assume all responsibility for issues) is going to hurt any consistent vision they are aiming for in Unity. My experience is still fine, regardless of what anyone else changes.
                    Who said you aren?t going to be able to move the window buttons in Unity 8?

Comment

Working...
                    X