Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Firefox UI Lands In Aurora

Phoronix: The New Firefox UI Lands In Aurora

Firefox Aurora for the 29.0 Alpha 2 version of Firefox is the new improvements to the Firefox user-interface plus many other changes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow, that looks like Chrome.

The taskbar looks like a complete waste of screen real estate, does that disappear into the main taskbar when you maximise?

Comment

This seems to be a nice release.
      I can't comment on the UI before I have tested it, but if it will be faster that's good.
      The CSS and Javscript changes is great!

Comment

new ui sucks. I guess I'll have to stay forever to the current version

Comment

I wish Australis was optional rather than being forced upon us.

I think the feedback Firefox receives regarding Australis speaks for itself.
          Share product feedback, submit ideas for new features, and help shape future releases.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
              [...]
              The are several issues with this addon, though, as it doesn't restore it completely.
              Firstly, is that the compatibility issues addons have with Australis still exist since it's merely a userstyle rather than an actual restore.
              Secondly, it doesn't restore the addon bar nor the menu bar, both which are still gone. Thirdly, it still draws the menu button in the title bar.

There are several other issues this addon doesn't resolve as well, however, these are the most common issues.

Comment

It was time they moved to futuristic UI, we live in 2014 not in 2004.

Comment

It was time they moved to futuristic UI, we live in 2014 not in 2004. It is easier and pleasing to use too.

Comment

Originally posted by tuuker View Post
                    It was time they moved to futuristic UI, we live in 2014 not in 2004. It is easier and pleasing to use too.

For most of what Australis brings, I'll agree with you. Most of what they did, I've been using via extensions and XUL userstyles for years.

...but I still think it was stupid to remove the add-on bar and change the menu to a panel full of toolbar buttons. I like putting rarely-used (like AdBlock Plus and Greasemonkey) in a second toolbar which can be toggled with Ctrl+/ and not even Chrome is crazy enough to switch to a menu which has no keyboard shortcut hints and may confuse accessibility software.

(The annoying thing is, if there's one menu I need an editor for, it's the context menu... which isn't helped by their "let's just use the toolbar editor" redesign.)

Comment

Working...
                    X