Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsair CX430: A Decent Low-Cost Power Supply

Phoronix: Corsair CX430: A Decent Low-Cost Power Supply

As a bit more shopping advice this weekend for Linux users besides my low-cost mini-ITX Linux system build are a few words about the power supplies I've been buying recently for the new test farm. I'm up to about six of the Corsair CX430 low-cost power supplies and so far they're working well in all of the test systems.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yeap, I have a CX430M (M for modular cabling), and it's working just perfectly. It's not even a low-end machine, either: I'm using it with a GTX 660, i5 3470, an HDD, an SSD, an ODD and a dedicated sound card. It's a pretty good sign that modern hardware has become really quite power-efficient.

Comment

I've had good luck with Corsair power supplies. I'm currently using an AX2100i for my big machine now Times sure have changed since the days you were pretty much stuck with what came with your case.

Good choices Michael!

Comment

Is the CX430 noisy? This is my main concern when buying a power supply.

Thank you once again for the review, Michael

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

I didn't find its power supply to be noisy at all, or would have noted it. Rather quiet I'd say.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I think this i the same power supply that Lifehacker was encouraging for its $300 and $600 builds just a month ago or so
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

You will probably hear it, especially at high load.

Comment

Thank you. I will then probably stay with Be Quiet for HTPC builds, but I will remember this one if I need to change my desktop power supply (which may be really soon).

Comment

Working...
                X