Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 5 Advances With Next Dev Release

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 5 Advances With Next Dev Release

The second development milestone release of Phoronix Test Suite 5.0-Plavsk is now available for carrying out cross-platform, open-source benchmarking. As mentioned several times now, the HTML5 GUI has been a big focus of PTS5 development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Will it be possible to benchmark servers with PTS 5? ie. no X install.

Comment

I'm the NickZ, thanks for the shoutout.

BTW, If you want to run the gui, make sure to close your webbrowsers first, because otherwise will instead attach to the current browser process and return, ending the PTS process.

Comment

Originally posted by MannerMan View Post
        Will it be possible to benchmark servers with PTS 5? ie. no X install.
        That's always been possible going back to PTS 0.1 to benchmark servers or non-X environments.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Nick View Post
          I'm the NickZ, thanks for the shoutout.

BTW, If you want to run the gui, make sure to close your webbrowsers first, because otherwise will instead attach to the current browser process and return, ending the PTS process.
          Great work, thanks for the changes thus far! In Chrome, multiple windows should be handled okay i believe due to its "--app=" switch. Unfortunately there isn't the app/kiosk mode so the only other way to workaround it would likely be for in the launcher script to get the process ID and just keep waiting until that process dies.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
          X