Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Leaps Ahead With Its Migration To C++11

Phoronix: LLVM Leaps Ahead With Its Migration To C++11

Ending out February, compiler developer Chandler Carruth at Google flipped the upstream LLVM build systems to building under C++11 by default. So far nothing has broken and in the days ahead they will carry out more tests in their approach to now using C++11 features by default as they develop this leading compiler infrastructure...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was using c++11 for like a month and found out only the other day the best feature about c++11 I didn't expect at all - that a static var inside a function is initialized thread-safely, no need to use mutexes or the broken DCLP design any longer, it just works, wow.

Comment

This is great news and all, but I could barely understand it with such horrible writing (it's like you threw all the rules of the English language out the window)

Comment

Working...
      X