Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 20 Yields Great Linux Performance On AMD's Kabini APU

Phoronix: Fedora 20 Yields Great Linux Performance On AMD's Kabini APU

The Linux benchmark / performance data to share this Saturday morning on Phoronix is of Fedora 20 on the AMD E1-2100 "Kabini" APU on the ECS KBN-I, an AMD + motherboard combination that during sale periods can be found for a little over $30 USD. We already found Kabini's Radeon HD 8210 graphics to perform well with the open-source driver and this article has more Linux OpenGL results along with stressing other subsystems. Tested was Fedora 20 with updates like the Linux 3.14 kernel and Mesa 10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not bad at all considering the potential of a dual core at that frequency...

Can't wait for the new Kabini/whatever AM1 APUs
    Already a bunch of known mITX MoBos for them !

Comment

Sorry, AMD, but Kabini doesn't do a whole lot for me when there are Bay Trail Celerons that have a significant advantage in CPU performance and performance per Watt. The Radeon graphics are better, but if I wanted to do serious gaming, then I wouldn't be looking at this class of CPU. For lighter/medium gaming, I would be looking at Nvidia's Maxwell-based cards if I wanted decent 3D without generating a lot of heat/noise (since those cards give better video acceleration).

Socketed Kabini's are a niche product at best. I say that as someone who generally buys AMD when it makes sense (i.e. I'm not an Intel fanboy).

Comment

Kabini E1 - Ubuntu 14.04 vs Fedora 20..... any chance??

Comment

Working...
        X