Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME's EasyTAG 2.2 Supports GTK3+ By Default & New Features

Phoronix: GNOME's EasyTAG 2.2 Supports GTK3+ By Default & New Features

The GNOME EasyTAG application is a simple, open-source way for editing audio tags within popular audio file formats. The much-revamped EasyTAG 2.2.0 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would really like if articles that praise GUIs (or GUI applications) would include at least one screenshot. So you can at least have an idea what the application talked about looks like (now). Just saying.

Comment

Nice to see improvements, but I still consider Picard vastly superior. The moment they add Musicbrainz support I will consider its use.

Comment

No proper documentation ~ useless software
        One simple task and it showed how EasyTAG is a lacking piece of software. First I wanted to just set some common tags for a directory containing one album. I had to GUESS that the little squares next to the tag fields do the job. Then I wanted to fill title tags of the songs with file names. There is no freaking way I could figure out how to do it. I've done some basics of ANSI C programming and I couldn't figure this one out... By a blind shot I left just a %t and it placed file names in place of titles (tags). How I wanted it but it was a lucky shot. The legend doesn't even mention a sentence "file name" (sic!).

Long story short there is not a bit of documentation for the application and what could have been, as a last resort, explained right in the application UI isn't. In this regard http://puddletag.sourceforge.n... is the complete opposite of EasyTAG, sporting a decent documentation and tutorials.

Comment

It is not obvious in the first place, but it took me less than 5 minutes to understand how the program works.

Also:

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
            It is not obvious in the first place, but it took me less than 5 minutes to understand how the program works.

Also:
            [IMG]http://wstaw.org/m/2014/04/12/asd3.png[/IM G]
            I don't see 'file name' there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
              I don't see 'file name' there.
              Because that's the screen to _create_ the file name from the tags. But even if you create tags from the file name there's no "file name" placeholder. If you want to fill you tags from file name you have to select in the drop down on the top the "Fill tags" element and then specify which tag is which part of the file name.

For example:

File name of the selected file(s): 12. MyArtist - My Title (2014).mp3
              Format: %n. %a - %t (%y)

Then you press scan and it will fill your tags from the file name.
              12 => %n => track
              MyArtist => %a => artist
              My Title => %t => title
              2014 => %y => year

You just used %t so the complete file name is the title.
              Last edited by droste; 12 April 2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X