Some of the ACPI/PM highlights for Linux 4.10 include:
- Support for using generic CPUFreq governors in Intel P-State.
- P-State also now supports per-logical-CPU P-State limits and Energy Performance Preference / Energy Performance Bias (EPP/EPB).
- Other Intel P-State driver updates and adding new CPU ID for Knights Mill. The intel_idle driver also saw CPU IDs added for Knights Mill and Atom Z34xx hardware as did the RAPL power-capping driver.
- The CPUFreq Schedutil governor now makes use of SCHED_FIFO kernel threads for doing delayed work to lower the response latency in some cases. There are also other CPUFreq governor fixes and cleanups.
- A new CPUFreq driver for Broadcom STB SoCs along with other ARM support improvements in the CPUFreq space.
- Intel RAPL driver fixes.
- PM core fixes and clean-ups.
- Initial support for ACPI APEI (ACPI Platform Error Interface) on ARM64.
- Updated ACPICA.
More details via the ACPI and PM pull requests.