The Fedora Engineering & Steering Committee today approved:
- Integrating KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.9 in F18 to replace KDE 4.8 in Fedora 17.
- Integrating the Eucalyptus cloud computing software platform.
- GSS Proxy to replace rpc.svcgssd.
- Pulling in ibus-libpinyin, a new ibus Pinyin engine for input of Simplified Chinese.
- Providing packages for Ibus-Typing Booster as a predictive input method for the Ibus platform.
That's all that was approved at this week's meeting. Next week GNOME IBus Integration will be talked about for possible approval, after it was deferred from today's meeting. Meeting minutes from today's Fedora Engineering & Steering Committee IRC meeting can be found on the Fedora development list.
Other Fedora 18 features are talked about in Fedora 18 Will Get 256 Color Terminals, Fedora 18 Will Preview A New Package Manager, Fedora 18 Approves Controversial Feature, and Fedora 18 To Get User Mode Migration, Xfce 4.10.
Fedora 18 is codenamed the Spherical Cow and is tentatively scheduled for release in November.