Among the work items that came out of this week's Ubuntu Developer Summit in Copenhagen, Denmark as it concerns application development largely revolved around enhancing the Ubuntu Developer web-site. Specifically, the Ubuntu 13.04 objectives for the developer site include:
- Creating a new online API documentation resource. Compared to currently available Ubuntu API documentation, they are desiring better search capabilities, dynamic content, and better integration in developer.ubuntu.com.
- Embeddeding the StackExchange-powered Ask Ubuntu into the Ubuntu Developer web-site.
- Promoting a contest to help populate an "App Developer Cookbook with new and exciting recipes."
- A new section will come to their web-site so developers can "share their favorite code snippets."
- Another new section will include topic-based video tutorials and app developer events videos.
- There's also a desire to hold workshops about writing web-apps and using Ubuntu One U1DB.
The longer-term goal is also for Ubuntu to eventually have its own SDK to assist new and existing software developers wishing to target the Linux distribution.