The features approved at the FESCo meeting on Wednesday included:
- GCC 4.9 as its official compiler. GCC 4.9 will be officially released in the days ahead.
- Continued work on converting software from using cron jobs to systemd timer units.
- Upgrading to GHC 7.8 for the Haskell compiler.
- Allwinner sunxi (A10 / A13 / A20) ARM SoC support and out-of-the-box OpenCL support as the F21 self-contained changes.
- RPM 4.12 as the package manager version.
The only feature talked about that was rejected this week was replacing BZIP2 with LBZIP2. FESCo didn't want to use LBZIP2 as its BZIP2 implementation due to the lack of a compatible library replacement and concerns about the project's maturity.