EFL 1.11 was developed over a three-month release cycle and the highlights for this release include:
- Eolian has experienced a near complete re-write that brings a ton of improvements and takes it closer to having auto-generated bindings for many languages.
- ETC2 image decode support and ETC2 texture format support was added.
- Elua is a new Lua JIT-based runtime for rapid application development with EFL.
- A DDS image file format loader was added.
- Various issues were fixed via Coverity scans.
More details on the EFL 1.11 release can be found via the official release announcement at Enlightenment.org. Meanwhile, Enlightenment E19 is still under development and approaching a release soon.