Unigine Engine Has Big Changes Coming
The Russian developers responsible for the Unigine Engine have begun to share details on the next iteration of their visually impressive, Linux-friendly game and visualization engine.
The Unigine Engine sadly hasn't taken off much within the gaming space in the past few years, but they appear to be flourishing when it comes to visualizations and simulations. Among the features the developers are working on for the next version of Unigine include:
- Their engine is going to be refactored to target DX11-level hardware and features, while up to now they have supported DX9+. This will roughly correlate to OpenGL 4.x requirements.
- Major terrain improvements and a unified mesh format.
- Better anti-aliasing (AA) support.
- Rendering performance improvements.
- Wave/water improvements.
- A brand new SDK browser.
- A city traffic simulation system.
More information on upcoming Unigine Engine features along with new features that were recently accomplished, read the latest Unigine dev log update.
Latest Linux News
Latest Articles & Reviews
Most Viewed News This Week