Changes queued up for the ACPI/PM pull with the Linux 3.16 kernel include:
- A bulk are ACPICA updates.
- Various internal changes that are important but not end-user facing.
- ACPI video support now defaults to using the native backlight rather than the ACPI backlight interface. This backlight change is designed to help systems with broken Windows 8/8.1 BIOSes.
- The system suspend core now allows for runtime-suspended devices to stay suspended through system suspend/restume states as long as certain system conditions are met.
- Updates to the ACPI Low-Power Subsystem (LPSS) driver.
- The big.LITTLE CPUfreq driver now supports 64-bit ARM.
There's also many other individual driver updates covering the ACPI and power management subsystems, which are covered via the mailing list pull request.