Fwupd 1.8 Released With New Capabilities, Expanded Hardware Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fwupd 1.8 Released With New Capabilities, Expanded Hardware Support

Phoronix: Fwupd 1.8 Released With New Capabilities, Expanded Hardware Support

In addition to "Fwupd Friendly Firmware" getting off the ground, this week also marks Fwupd 1.8 as the newest version of this open-source solution paired with the Linux Vendor Firmware Service (LVFS) for easy system and component firmware updating on Linux and other platforms...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are consumer motherboards supported yet?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Are consumer motherboards supported yet?
      It's the other way around. The h/w vendors have to add support for it. https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pi...il/000070.html announced recently makes it easier but ultimately it's up to the vendors.

Comment

I don't have any consumer devices with any kind of support. Yet I have three x86 computers.

Comment

Finding out I can update the fw in my Logitech Unifying receiver with fwupd was a nice surprise. That fw being updatable in the first place was even nicer updte

Comment

Any hope of Samsung making it's NVMe firmware with FWUPD one day?
            I havnt found a easy way to update my Samsung NVMe drives.

Comment

Originally posted by castlefox View Post
              I havnt found a easy way to update my Samsung NVMe drives.
              Samsung is publishing bootable ISO images for that.

Comment

Working...
              X