Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Contributes Some New Tegra/Nouveau Patches

Phoronix: NVIDIA Contributes Some New Tegra/Nouveau Patches

It's not any re-clocking code or magical improvements for Nouveau's Pascal support, but on the Tegra side a NVIDIA developer has volleyed some new open-source patches...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

dunno why Nvidia bother to contribute to the Noveau Project when its a Dead driver anyway, an Nvidia dont want competition .

Comment

It serves as a decent backup driver until you install their closed one.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        It serves as a decent backup driver until you install their closed one.
        true that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          dunno why Nvidia bother to contribute to the Noveau Project when its a Dead driver anyway, an Nvidia dont want competition .
          The contribution here is for Tegra which is embedded hardware, in embedded there is a bit more interest in opensource (I mean $$$) than on desktop. Not much, just a bit.

Comment

Who told You nouveau is dead?

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

no one did but IMO it is anyway as its useless an ya wonder why many still use the closed Nvidia Driver .

Comment

On my machine it crashes with the nvidia driver and works just fine (don't really need to game on a 2010 mac) with nouveau.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon321 View Post

NVIDIA when they keep not releasing power management firmware for newer GPUs.

Comment

i think that is because there are various legacy linux setups that might be too much of a hassle to provide support for.

not everybody needs fast 3d graphics, but they surely could use some decent 2d acceleration and good multi-monitor support. that's one of the reasons i'm not really considering an nvidia card to drive my 4k display at work, until nouveau gets performant enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X