Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 3.0-RC6 Released While Wine 3.0.0 Should Be Near

Phoronix: Wine 3.0-RC6 Released While Wine 3.0.0 Should Be Near

The sixth weekly release candidate of the upcoming Wine 3.0 is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine version grand theft auto san andreas works + mods + cleo

​​​​​​​

Comment

What about Rise of Tomb Raider? Apart Photoshop, which works fine, the only Windows app I still have.

Comment

Hopefully DayZ SA will work on this

Comment

DXVK plays Nier at 60fps and WineD3D11 at 30fps.

Comment

Risen 3 still doesn't work with wine 3.0 RC6. Do you know where can I report this bug?

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
              DXVK plays Nier at 60fps and WineD3D11 at 30fps.
              Nah, not quite. Performance could still be better, it only runs on RADV, and there might still be bugs (although in my 8 hours of playing this since yesterday I haven't encountered any issues - yes, I love that game, there's a reason why it is the first one to run DXVK ).

Anyway, what is Wine's Vulkan support going to be like in the future? I know there's a project to implement a proper Vulkan ICD on Wine, but is that an official project? Is Vulkan in wine-staging still being worked on?

Comment

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
                Nah, not quite. Performance could still be better, it only runs on RADV, and there might still be bugs (although in my 8 hours of playing this since yesterday I haven't encountered any issues - yes, I love that game, there's a reason why it is the first one to run DXVK ).

Anyway, what is Wine's Vulkan support going to be like in the future? I know there's a project to implement a proper Vulkan ICD on Wine, but is that an official project? Is Vulkan in wine-staging still being worked on?

Hi VikingGe,

i tried to build dxvk on opensuse tumbleweed but sadly failed with ld: -lpthread not available.
                Do you have any plans to provide already built dll's ?

Are you hanging around in a freenode chat , would be fantastic to have that kind of communication possibility ? .

I have an nvidia gtx 970 here and could provide a huge amount of logs from different dx11 games, especially where the perf sucks atm .. Most of the games i have here are heavily cpu limited atm which leads to bad fps.

Many thanks !
                Christian

Comment

Michael, there is a typo:
                  2017/2010
                  should be
                  2007/2010

Comment

Originally posted by christian_frank View Post
                    Do you have any plans to provide already built dll's?
                    There are binary releases on github already, but they are stripped of debug info, so if something crashes they will be useless.

Are you hanging around in a freenode chat , would be fantastic to have that kind of communication possibility?
                    I'm active on the VK9 Discord server (https://discord.gg/EMc4Kak), feel free to join.

Comment

Working...
                    X