Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigiKam 5.8 Released With Export Support To UPnP/DLNA Devices

Phoronix: DigiKam 5.8 Released With Export Support To UPnP/DLNA Devices

The KDE-developed, Qt-powered digiKam photo management software is out with its first feature update of 2018...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish they would port it to pure Qt. that crappy KIO shit makes me sick

Comment

What, the fact that if you are using mac/win you can't export pictures to a folder? Yeah... its the sole reason I haven't suggested it to people who are looking for an alternative to the abandoned picassa program.

Comment

I personally love the program... but the lack of an export file for non linux systems... it's pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by lumks View Post
          Why? KIO is one the best features of KDE. It use it all the time for SFTPing in my local LAN.

Comment

That's terrible, maybe one of the other fourteen or so export options will work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post

Why? KIO is one the best features of KDE. It use it all the time for SFTPing in my local LAN.
              SFTP... how about upgrading your protocols to something more modern?

Comment

The biggest problem with Digikam is that it integrates with too many services. Especially on distros like Arch everything is turned on by default and it depends on stuff like full MariaDB, face recognition, fecesbook integration and so on. The package is huge. Digikam requires at least 600 MB of space. It's actually pretty huge.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                  SFTP... how about upgrading your protocols to something more modern?
                  And what's wrong with SFTP?

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post

And what's wrong with SFTP?
                    Works for small number of files, even large ones, but not that good for larger directories.

Comment

Working...
                    X