Phoronix Test Suite 7.8 M2 Released As "Folldal" Development Heats Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 7.8 M2 Released As "Folldal" Development Heats Up

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 7.8 M2 Released As "Folldal" Development Heats Up

Just one week after Phoronix Test Suite 7.8 Milestone 1, the second development release of 7.8-Folldal is now available for testing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by michal
    let's make a deal. if you add a proper machine/deep learning benchmarks, I promise that I'll not laugh publicly about your poor php code anymore. what do you think about it?
    1. Given the time constraints on the time he has to spend on development, the parts of the code I have seen (and interacted with) look Ok.
    2. Laughing at peoples code is not something that encourages them - it's not helpful - don't do it
    3. If you are going to make a request - provide more details on what you want. Pro Tip: your request carries more weight if you are a premium subscriber and you email him.

Comment

Michael : In the screenshot about the new "phoronix-test-suite search ..." feature, I can see an outdated version of the supertuxkart test profile:
      supertuxkart-1.4.0 instead of supertuxkart-1.5.x.
      Any idea when this one will be upgraded?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliasvan View Post
        Michael : In the screenshot about the new "phoronix-test-suite search ..." feature, I can see an outdated version of the supertuxkart test profile:
        supertuxkart-1.4.0 instead of supertuxkart-1.5.x.
        Any idea when this one will be upgraded?

Thanks!
        Hopefully will have the time this week to test and verify the new update... Been quite busy due to KPTI+Retpoline testing :/
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I guess that you didn't saw good php code. you need to look at modern frameworks - symfony, laravel.

code that looks like in this benchmark is the reason why people are laughing when they hear "php programmer" phrase.
          If your complaint is over not using namespaces, using Composer, etc, it's because PTS was started before namespaces and such came about as well as still maintaining PHP 5.1~5.2 compatibility as there are users still using those very outdated PHP5 versions... And if the code is not broken, why go through a big restructuring for not much benefit and with me being the dominant contributor anyways while my time is short...
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I guess that you didn't saw good php code. you need to look at modern frameworks - symfony, laravel.

code that looks like in this benchmark is the reason why people are laughing when they hear "php programmer" phrase.
            My day job is working on massive Symfony projects - so yes, I do know what "good" code can look like.

I also know that: if it works, it's easy to reason about, it's maintainable and easy to add new features too that it makes for a good code base.
            From what I saw of the code base when I was adding a patch, it all made sense and had relatively few unintended side effects. It was easy.

9/10 would submit patches again

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Hopefully will have the time this week to test and verify the new update... Been quite busy due to KPTI+Retpoline testing :/
              Thanks Michael, I understand.

Comment

Working...
              X