Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Git 2.16 Released

Phoronix: Git 2.16 Released

Git maintainer Junio Hamano has released version 2.16.0 of this distributed revision control system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool software. Unfortunately the the CLI is inconsistent.
    Some commands accept parameter in the format "remote/branch", others "remote branch", and others "remote:branch".

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Cool software. Unfortunately the the CLI is inconsistent.
      Some commands accept parameter in the format "remote/branch", others "remote branch", and others "remote:branch".
      I use git every day for work.
      And you are right, the CLI is quite inconsistent. Its pretty much a requirement to have a git cheat sheet printed out and stuck op on the wall in my office or next to my monitor to refer to every time I need to run a less-commonly-used command.

Comment

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
        I use git every day for work.
        And you are right, the CLI is quite inconsistent. Its pretty much a requirement to have a git cheat sheet printed out and stuck op on the wall in my office or next to my monitor to refer to every time I need to run a less-commonly-used command.
        I agree.

I think they should concentrate on that in a major version at least.

After that, I would love Git to include built-in features now only available by using giant frameworks such as GitLab and Phabricator. Some of them are already available in Fossil, an interesting alternative to Git.

Comment

Working...
        X