Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several New ARM Devices Supported By The Linux 4.16 Kernel

Phoronix: Several New ARM Devices Supported By The Linux 4.16 Kernel

Arnd Bergmann sent in his several pull requests on Thursday providing new ARM SoC platform support, driver updates, and DeviceTree bits for bringing up some new ARM hardware support within the mainline Linux kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice seeing all these improvements to ARM. I'm waiting for the release of the Asus NovaGo and I really hope to hear that Linux will run smoothly on it.

Comment

All 3 Libre Computer Board boards have Mali graphics.

On the i.MX side, the only i.MX8 board I know of that can be bought for money right now is WandPi 8M.

The Asus NovaGo is something I would want too, but it doesn't advertise Linux support.

Conclusion: I'll build my own Asus NovaGo based on WandPi 8M and duct tape. Yes, I've preordered two, to be on the safe side. I already have a USB powered screen. Half the weight will be the ridiculous coil of HDMI cable, but that's a design tradeoff I'm willing to accept.
      Last edited by andreano; 04 February 2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X