Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel & AMD IOMMU Improvements Slated For Linux 4.16

Phoronix: Intel & AMD IOMMU Improvements Slated For Linux 4.16

With the in-development Linux 4.16 kernel there are improvements to note for both AMD and Intel users...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have a supermicro X9SAE-V and Xeon 1230v2, my 2 PCI-e 3.0 x16 slots are both in the same IOMMU group. I had everything setup with libvirt+qemu+kvm to run a VM with GPU passthrough, and everything worked including USB passthrough, except I couldn't get GPU passthrough to work because of this, and the ACS patch, while it seemed to separate them into different IOMMU groups, didn't seem to actually work when I tried to pass through another GPU. Maybe I'll try again with 4.16

Comment

Tons of improvements but nobody looks at this bug: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60769

Comment

Isn't Intel's IOMMU turned off by default while AMD's is on?

While quite useful this technology is often butchered by the motherboard manufacturer in some way, at least on Intel side of things...

Comment

Working...
        X