Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen 5 2400G Radeon Vega Linux OpenGL/Vulkan Gaming Benchmarks

Phoronix: Ryzen 5 2400G Radeon Vega Linux OpenGL/Vulkan Gaming Benchmarks

Here are our initial performance figures for the Vega graphics found on the newly-released Ryzen 5 2400G "Raven Ridge" APU under Linux and testing both OpenGL and Vulkan graphics benchmarks. CPU tests as well as benchmarks of the Ryzen 3 2200G under Linux are forthcoming on Phoronix.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not bad but from what I’ve read elsewhere the advantage over intel is even larger on windows. So, there’s still room for improvement.

Comment

Color me optimistic but those numbers seem like a big step forward for integrated graphics.

Of course it's not "Beast", but I imagine for Office and "Light Gaming" as you mentioned that it is pretty much where it needs to be to offer value.

Compared the Core i7 8700K @ $359.99 for $189.99 in the cost for performance we have a winner.

Also in terms of doing a small form factor Mini ITX or Nano ITX build it looks like a winner too, I will be interested in learning the temperatures -- APU temperature is much easier to manage than dGPU in a small case not to mention the extra space needs for SFX PSU or PicoPSU just to power a dGPU and whatever thermal addition that has.

I think for Media Center, Light Game Console, Office and many other use-cases these are pretty good.
      Last edited by ElectricPrism; 13 February 2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

lmftfy
        Fixed, thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

cpupower frequency-info ?

=> cpupower frequency-set -g performance => _big_ boost with OpenGL

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
            cpupower frequency-info ?

=> cpupower frequency-set -g performance => _big_ boost with OpenGL
            As written in the article, the performance governor was used on all the systems.....
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

As written in the article, the performance governor was used on all the systems.....
              What? --- I'm much more sick then, as I'm thought...

Comment

I've been waiting for your review all day, congratulations on getting the 2400G going as much as you did. It's going to be fun to watch the performance on those processors improve. In the meantime I'll keep working on my build out for my 2400G system.

Thanks for the hard work Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
                  Not bad but from what I’ve read elsewhere the advantage over intel is even larger on windows. So, there’s still room for improvement.
                  Should be 2-3 times faster than UHD 630 found in 8700K... same way these Intel with Vega mobile would be probaly 2-3 times faster than this

Speaking of GPUs and mem, of course if there is some CPU bound cases these might be improved

@Michael

Thanks for the tests - maybe you should name title as Current Fastest PC APU Available
                  Last edited by dungeon; 13 February 2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Looking pretty good now i only wish some would post linux results on the mobile RR parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X