Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Stubs For Direct3D 12 Are Now In Wine Git

Phoronix: The First Stubs For Direct3D 12 Are Now In Wine Git

The first baby steps towards implementing Direct3D 12 in Wine are now present in the Git code-base for this week's Wine 3.2 release but it won't be anything remotely usable for a while...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very good news, looking forward to all the benefits from that work, great job @all.
    Last edited by ElectricPrism; 14 February 2018, 07:29 PM. Reason: great job @all.

Comment

Very exciting. I know very little about the inner workings of OpenGL, Vulkan and DirectX, but I get the sense from what I've read that Vulkan and DX12 are far simpler and less likely to contain implementation bugs than OpenGL and older DX versions. As such I feel hopeful that these projects to get the DX APIs working over Vulkan should make faster progress than the previous efforts to get it working over OpenGL and the end result should be less buggy.

I'm glad we have Wine and the awesome devs that build it

Comment

I wonder what they'll do for Mac owners that are unlikely to get Vulkan?

Comment

Whatever happened to Wine-Staging?

Comment

Is vkd3d limited to DX12, or they also plan to use it as a base for their DX11 over Vulkan variant?

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
              The same question is being asked over on the wine-staging GitHub page but no answer so far. Hopefully it comes back to life soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                They seem to be working on getting some of the patches working for 3.1. Not sure of actual progress but here's their dev log: https://dev.wine-staging.com/timeline/

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post

They seem to be working on getting some of the patches working for 3.1. Not sure of actual progress but here's their dev log: https://dev.wine-staging.com/timeline/
                  Michael Müller submitted the Wine build Wine 3.1
                  So the Wine-Staging 3.1 binaries are already out? Did I get that right?

Comment

Doesn't sound like good news about Staging.

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Comment

Working...
                    X