Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADV Vulkan Driver Improvements Coming For Wolfenstein 2 On Wine

Phoronix: RADV Vulkan Driver Improvements Coming For Wolfenstein 2 On Wine

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus makes use of the Vulkan graphics API on the id Tech 6 engine but sadly remains Windows-only aside from the consoles. While it runs with Wine, there are some bugs when using the RADV Radeon Vulkan driver but fortunately one of Valve's Linux developers is working on some improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I want to express my huge veneration for everyone who thinks outside the box, advancing Linux exemplarily as a gaming platform.
    The honorable deeds of all outstanding personalities in the successful history of Linux gaming serve as a model that leads the whole community to do their best to give support, each person considering his or her abilities.

Comment

Quote: frankly are willing to help improve the drivers when for them it still means a sale on Steam regardless of platform.

Well , i'm pirating Windows only games to be honest.

Kudos to Valve anyway.

Comment

We could really use a game like that on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
          We could really use a game like that on Linux.
          I'd modify that to "We could really use a game of this one's caliber on Linux" or something along those lines. The reason why is that I've decided to henceforth only pirate Bethesda games after they put a scene into that game where they essentially say that people who are against all political violence are all nazis. When people complained about it they kept it in the game and insisted at neither the game nor it's advertising was political while advertising the game using modified Trump campaign slogans calling Trump supporters nazis.

I dislike Trump and his followers as much as the next guy (had more than one heated debate about Trump's clueless stance on Net Neutrality and how retarded his wall plan is), but you can't call his followers nazis and at the same time claim you're not being political.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

I'd modify that to "We could really use a game of this one's caliber on Linux" or something along those lines. The reason why is that I've decided to henceforth only pirate Bethesda games after they put a scene into that game where they essentially say that people who are against all political violence are all nazis. When people complained about it they kept it in the game and insisted at neither the game nor it's advertising was political while advertising the game using modified Trump campaign slogans calling Trump supporters nazis.

I dislike Trump and his followers as much as the next guy (had more than one heated debate about Trump's clueless stance on Net Neutrality and how retarded his wall plan is), but you can't call his followers nazis and at the same time claim you're not being political.
            Just honest

Comment

Nice to see our gaming platform get improvements. As for the game, I'm not a fan at all. Quite disappointed actually. Way to much silly exposition wasting my time, and none of the fun run and gun gameplay of the predecessor or Doom 2016. Three out of ten. Now, back to Hollow Knight. Now that's a true masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
                in the successful history of Linux gaming serve as a model
                Either you are being sarcastic and I haven't understood it (not surprisingly, because I'm a developer), you live in some parallel universe where Linux gaming has had a successful history or you come from the future, when Linux will be the gaming platform of choice...

Here on planet Earth, Milky Way, Stardate 95752.74, most of us agree that gaming on Linux is at best something for Linux enthusiasts and even then, most of us have more fun at configuring the system to play games than actually playing the games...

That being said, I agree with the rest of your post and actually liked it.
                Last edited by lucrus; 24 February 2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lucrus View Post

Either you are being sarcastic and I haven't understood it (not surprisingly, because I'm a developer), you live in some parallel universe where Linux gaming has had a successful history or you come from the future, when Linux will be the gaming platform of choice...
                  Play the long game: one day GNU/Linux will be the OS choice for games consoles. You could argue that with the use of WebKit/FreeBSD on PS4 and Vulkan on Switch, we are largely there already.

15 years ago, no-one would have thought that Linux/Android phones/tablets would be so mainstream!

Comment

If only the hate for Linux wasn't so strong within Bethesda! wolf2 would probably already be on linux...

Comment

Working...
                    X