Arctic's Accelero Twin Turbo III Works Well For Polaris GPU Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic's Accelero Twin Turbo III Works Well For Polaris GPU Cooling

Phoronix: Arctic's Accelero Twin Turbo III Works Well For Polaris GPU Cooling

Back in December I wrote about passively cooling a Radeon RX 480 by means of the after-market Accelero S3 passive cooler. That passive GPU cooler worked well but under demanding loads did get a bit hot, but what I came to realize after buying that cooler is the height requirements exceeded that of a 4U rackmount chassis... So recently I decided to switch to using the Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo III...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be nice to see 5U server cases. Granted, I'd like to 5U cases that are designed for mATX motherboard with less than 13" in depth and be able to fit a couple of 2.5" hard drives (yes, 2.5", not 3.5") for a NAS storage. Would be nice to have a GPU for Deepspeech and Mycroft.
    DeepSpeech is an open source embedded (offline, on-device) speech-to-text engine which can run in real time on devices ranging from a Raspberry Pi 4 to high power GPU servers. - mozilla/DeepSpeech

Mycroft could use Deepspeech as a Speech-To-Text provider and Deepspeech can use GPU for STT acceleration.
    I just run into DeepSpeech project today. Have you taken a look at it https://github.com/mozilla/DeepSpeech ? It might be a good fit. EDIT: this might be duplicate of STT: Mozilla Common Voice Project . Close if it is

Having a GTX 1070 could be good for my kind of project if I could replace the heatsink/fans with the Accelero. I'm in for quietness, when combined with an MSI ECO B150 motherboard and a 35W TDP Core i3 CPU. Low heat output is important when choosing a processor that balances the performance and power efficiency.

Comment

My Sapphire RX470 Nitro got a fan damaged (mea culpa...), and after looking for a replacement fan I was shocked at the prices, even for Chinese knock-offs. So I decided to adapt a much cheaper Arctic Cooling 92mm chassis fan. At first I plugged its connector on the motherboard and now I managed to use the card connector. Is not a pretty adaptation, but is much more cheap than a original fan and works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        My Sapphire RX470 Nitro got a fan damaged (mea culpa...), and after looking for a replacement fan I was shocked at the prices, even for Chinese knock-offs. So I decided to adapt a much cheaper Arctic Cooling 92mm chassis fan. At first I plugged its connector on the motherboard and now I managed to use the card connector. Is not a pretty adaptation, but is much more cheap than a original fan and works just fine.
        Recently managed to get a pair of those fabled Nitro Gear fans from Neweeg (they don't have them anymore). USD$20 a pop. Holy crap. That, plus they are impossible to get. Next time they fail I'm just going to replace the whole thing.

Comment

I have put an Accelero Mono Plus on my RX480 and changed the Accelero fan to a Noctua 12 cm. It is basically loudness: https://imgur.com/a/1RuA6

Comment

No offense, but that still looks pretty horrendous.

And for VRM cooling, I guess you're limited to whatever air passes through the fins.

Comment

Those coolers come with small heatsinks for VRAM and VRM chips. They seem small and insufficient, but to be honest many third party cards have lackluster VRM cooling (simple cooling plates with no fins) and sometimes none for the VRAM. Only a few have full blocks that include the VRM (talking about the RX480's, the RX580's had beefier coolers). Unless you are overclocking and/or pushing more volts over stock, then it won't make much of a difference. As long as you have air over them you're fine.

Comment

Working...
              X