Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 3D Studio 1.1 Brings UI Improvements

Phoronix: Qt 3D Studio 1.1 Brings UI Improvements

Qt 3D Studio 2.0 is coming this summer, but today marks the Qt 3D Studio 1.1 release as an incremental upgrade for those using this 3D user-interface authoring system that originated out of NVIDIA's open-source code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The project seemed promising , until they announced ( proudly ) that they were maiming gl tf support ; seemingly to make using this with engines other than qt3d , impractical

Comment

I didn't know back then that this kind of behaviour ( does it qualify as embrace , extend , extinguish ? ) is to be expected from Qt

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post
        The project seemed promising , until they announced ( proudly ) that they were maiming gl tf support ; seemingly to make using this with engines other than qt3d , impractical
        Where did you get that info about gl tf?

Comment

I didn't know back then that this kind of behaviour ( does it qualify as embrace , extend , extinguish ? ) is to be expected from Qt
          What a load of rubbish.

Comment

PackRat , here near the end of the introducing gl tf section http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/01/08/qt...-conditioning/

Comment

PackRat , here near the end of the introducing gl tf section http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/01/08/qt...-conditioning/
              Originally posted by Qt Blog Post
              The purpose of qgltf is to take an arbitrary 3D asset created with a digital content creation tool, and convert to glTF which will be loaded into a Qt 3D scene by the above mentioned glTF scene parser plugin. By using the bundled Open Asset Importer Library in the qgltf tool, we are able to convert the same files Assimp scene parser can load into glTF for efficient loading. This also means that the number of dependencies for the Qt libraries on the target system can be reduced.
              I can only see that they made things better?

Comment

I said near the end of the section and you quote something from the beginning

Comment

Working...
                X